Monday, April 11, 2011

Sausage Dip

I guess I will start my awesome new recipe blog with a little appetizer. I always get requests for this dip from family and friends. I have passed this on to my Mom and she's gotten people addicted too.

This recipe makes a lot, and I really don't have any pictures I have taken myself, so I will improvise with an image or two from Google.

Sausage Dip

* 4-5 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
* 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
* 2 rolls regular sausage
* 1 roll spicy sausage
* 1 green pepper (diced)
* 1/2 onion (diced)
* 1 can Hot Rotel (drained)- You can also use regular Rotel if you don't like it too spicy
* 1 (8 oz) can diced green chilies
* 1 (8 oz) can diced jalapenos - Only if you don't mind the spicy part of it all
* 1 tomato (diced)
* 1 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper
* Pinch of garlic powder

--Cook sausage on stove top over medium heat.
--While meat is cooking, put cream cheese into crock pot and turn to high to begin melting.
--Once meat is thoroughly cooked, add to crock pot over cream cheese. This should help to melt it down a little more.
--Add sour cream.
--Stir together as best you can-It will still be thick, so just get it mixed up.
--Add Rotel, peppers, chilies, onion to cream cheese mixture.
--Allow to cook in crock pot on High for 60-90 minutes.
--Once all cream cheese is melted and the dip is mixed, add tomato.



Serve with toasted bread or tortilla chips. A lot of people enjoy putting it on biscuits for breakfast, but this isn't a true sausage gravy (well, by my standards it's not ha ha).

Like I said before, this recipe makes a lot. It's very easy to half or even quarter it to meet your needs. It does go pretty quickly at parties though, from my experience. For a while I was actually chopping up all fresh peppers instead of the canned Rotel. It works the same way so you can always try that. I just love the taste of Rotel, so I figured I would make it easier on myself.

Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment