Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chicken Fajita Soup

I realize that I love chicken, but I promise I cook other things with different meats too! I just had to share this soup. My Dad is huge a fan of it, and he's pretty stubborn about trying new things. He knows what he likes, so why change that? Ha ha.

Chicken Fajita Soup

* 1-2 tbsps vegetable oil
* 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
* 1 (1.27 oz) packet fajita seasoning
* 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
* 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
* 1 poblano pepper, cut into thin strips (will work with Anaheim pepper as well)
* 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
* 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
* 1 (15 oz) can seasoned black beans
* 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
* 1 dash hot sauce
* salt and pepper to taste

-Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
-Place chicken in the hot oil; cook, stirring occasionally, until brown-about 10 minutes.
-Sprinkle fajita seasoning over the browned chicken and stir well to coat.
-Add the red and green bell pepper, poblano pepper, and onion to the seasoned chicken; Stir and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soft-about 10 minutes.
-Pour the fire roasted tomatoes, black beans, and chicken broth into the pot with the chicken and vegetables.
-Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
-Season the soup with hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste before serving.

It's good by itself, or get some French Bread to dip. I love French Bread!

1 comment:

  1. I am always scared to try soups like this. I LOVE taco soup. Is this anything like that? it seems like it kind of is.

    ReplyDelete